Effective implementation of digital marketing programmes can help you reach your marketing objectives effectively. These objectives may be generating awareness, positioning your brand at the desired place in the industry, encouraging trials, and generating interest, leads and sales.
Digital media & marketing channels may be classified in several ways, a few of which are:
- Earned, paid and owned
- Advertising and PR
- Inbound and outbound
- Print, broadcast and digital
The major channels are:
- Search engine advertising such as Google AdWords, Microsoft AdCentre & Yahoo Search Marketing
- Social media advertising such as Linkedin DirectAds, Facebook Ads & Twitter promotions
- Display, contextual, behavioral, video, rich media, niche and local media advertising via negotiation or advertising networks
- Affiliate advertising
Here is an overview of online advertising:
Content & engagement
- Inbound marketing, generally owned and earned, via search engine optimization, online PR, social media, viral marketing and thought leadership content.
- Engagement marketing via e-mail, webinars and webcast, marketing automation and CRM in addition to the above.