Why scope and boundaries
To deliver a detailed strategy report in just over a week requires our consultant to carefully consider the scope and boundaries of the work they need to complete in the week they spend with your business.
This may include the parts of your Web site they may evaluate and the depth of their recommendations. Our consultants do the best they can within one week.
Scope of a Web site
The process and inclusions of this service package are optimised for:
- a small to medium sized business
- a product Web site
- product pages
- Web site section of a division in a large company.
The given Web site or section should preferably have a single theme or a homegenous line of products or services.
Examples of Web sites to which a complete service package can apply*:
- Social Twist’s?Tell a friend -?A single technology product promoted from its own Web site sub-domain
- World Nomads -?A online business that sells travel insurance
- Westpac Business Banking -?Business banking division of Westpac Bank
- World Baggage -?Web site of a small business that sells excess baggage handling services
- Starfish Venture Capital -?A venture capital company’s corporate Web site
- Aussie Battery -?A large retail Web site based on batteries product line
- Personalised Gifts, NZ -?A Web site with a large catalogue of gifts but on a unifying theme of personalised gifts.
- Paymate -?An Australian payment gateway
Examples of Web sites that may exceed the scope of a single service package:*
- Prognosis – A technology company with at least four product lines of almost equal importance
- Paymate Stores – A store with a number of shopping categories
- MD Web Hosting – An Internet company with at least three lines of business domain name, hosting and Internet marketing, and each are large enough to merit own service package
If your Web site exceeds the package’s scope, then we will advise you to either:
- purchase additional time so we can apply the service package to the entire Web site, or;
- agree to apply the package / limit the deliverables to a few most popular or most important categories / products / parts of the Web site.
*The above list of Web sites are only examples to highlight scope, these are not our customers.
Content of deliverables
Digital strategy comprehensive package is limited to providing
- A fairly detailed evaluation of the Web site on major and minor issues (even to the extent of pointing out spelling mistakes) and
- A priority list of marketing channels, activities and promotional ideas.
- 3-4 recommendations are detailed out to include step-by-step actions required for implementation.?The keywords, creatives/ads and strategies are at fairly detailed level.?To implement, you don’t need Internet marketing knowledge but basic knowledge of computing (such as word processing and spreadsheet) and working on Web forms and reports.
The deliverables are limited to a reasonable volume of work that a well-qualified consultant can do in one working week.
Start of service
The consultant will begin work on your service package within 2 weeks of receiving your order.
Sometimes, we get a large number of projects and it gets hard to schedule each of them to start within the time limit.?We would advise you if we may be delayed.
Meeting / phone call / summary e-mail
We may need to interact with you or your staff at least twice.
- On the first or second day of the assignment, our consultant would seek any detailed inputs, if required.
- At the end of assignment, the main deliverable is the report. However, the consultant will schedule a meeting or a phone call to present the recommendations to you. In Sydney and Parramatta, we prefer to meet our customer in their office. If you are located elsewhere in Australia, we may have to only schedule a phone call.
We’d advise you 2-3 different date and time options for a personal meeting or phone call. If it does not take place after 2-3 scheduling attempts, we may summarise the assignment in a short e-mail and attach it with your report as the final set of deliverables.